If there is a mortgage on your house, sometimes your mortgage company will pay the tax bill to stop your house from going to tax sale. If this happens, you will need to work with the mortgage company to come up with a plan to pay them back.

To get connected with a free housing counselor who can help you talk to your mortgage company about your options, contact one of the following agencies:

Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore
410 327-1200
Southeast CDC
410 342-3234
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center
410 366-8550
Belair-Edison Neighborhoods
410 485-8422
Comprehensive Housing Assistance Inc.
410 500-5300
Consumer Credit Counseling Services
800 642-2227
Park Heights Renaissance
410 664-4890
Druid Heights CDC
410 523-1350
Go Northwest HRC

Continue Answering Questions